petaljuice

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Coburg Harriers Half-Marathon

Arising this morning about 6am I feel I have a chance at stepping to the start line......a 5 minute buffer to catch the Upfield connection from Flinders Street will be close......a 97% Connex claim of meeting all scheduled train times within 5 minutes, furphy or not, there is doubt.

The cold bleary darkness of the pre-dawn envelopes the train as it snakes towards Flinders Street. Ignoring inner darkness I muse on the approaching fun run, praising my efforts over the previous 48 hours.

And so another train journey begins on its way to Batman......gloomy until suddenly the sun bursts unexpectedly through the horizon bathing the train carriage, and me, in its soothing warmth and making me realise that yes life does exist. The dark electric light in the carriage evaporates and as Flemington Bridge approaches I see those monolithic red pillars angling towards the heavens like embarrassed penises.

Suddenly I realise that the start line beckons and that a mini-goal has already been mastered.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home