Time
This blogging thing is an interesting pastime. From the number of people replying to my posts ( zero except for the first post), I can confidently say that I do not have the most popular blog on the internet. This is of no concern to me.
Looking at my last post of about 12 months ago I do detect a tinge of shall we say abstruseness, what with mortal coils and Hamlet quoting etc.
So life moves forever onward and so has my half marathon personal best time...now 85:27, achieved in the Melbourne Half Marathon 2006.
Actually if I think about cyberspace time ticking over say twenty-four times slower than real world time, then the equivalent cyberspace time has only been about two weeks since my last post in May 06. As this blog may remain in cyberspace indefinitely, ad infinitum, for eternity etc. etc., then eleven or twelve months since my last post is a very short time indeed.
At the present time I am focussing my running efforts on 'mastering' the Melbourne Marathon. That is, my efforts are starting to be directed towards achieving a target pace that I can be satisfied with, pushing through the 32km marker onwards to the finish line without mentally giving up and slowing down in projected pace, which by the way will be a realistic figure based upon eqivalent times published in training books etc. Once the target pace has been reached I will, in my books, have mastered the marathon distance.
Looking at my last post of about 12 months ago I do detect a tinge of shall we say abstruseness, what with mortal coils and Hamlet quoting etc.
So life moves forever onward and so has my half marathon personal best time...now 85:27, achieved in the Melbourne Half Marathon 2006.
Actually if I think about cyberspace time ticking over say twenty-four times slower than real world time, then the equivalent cyberspace time has only been about two weeks since my last post in May 06. As this blog may remain in cyberspace indefinitely, ad infinitum, for eternity etc. etc., then eleven or twelve months since my last post is a very short time indeed.
At the present time I am focussing my running efforts on 'mastering' the Melbourne Marathon. That is, my efforts are starting to be directed towards achieving a target pace that I can be satisfied with, pushing through the 32km marker onwards to the finish line without mentally giving up and slowing down in projected pace, which by the way will be a realistic figure based upon eqivalent times published in training books etc. Once the target pace has been reached I will, in my books, have mastered the marathon distance.
Labels: Time
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home