Pooh
Ok, so it's Monday 24 September 2007, just under two weeks before the 2007 Melbourne Marathon. Fifteen weeks of training has been reasonably and satisfactorily completed and one week into the three week taper period I am as ready as I will ever be, except...keeping a lid on ingested kilojoules must now be mastered to optimise my MM07 effort. Those two boxes of liqueur chocolates for dessert two hours ago soon transformed into liquid pooh, need I say more.
Me and Bobby McGee: Kris Kristofferson
Busted flat in baton rouge, headin for the trains,
Feelin nearly faded as my jeans.
Bobby thumbed a diesel down, just before it rained,
Took us all the way to new orleans.
Took my harpoon out of my dirty red bandanna
And was blowin sad while bobby sang the blues.
With them windshield wipers slappin time and
Bobby clappin hands we finally sang up every song
That driver knew.
Freedoms just another word for nothin left to lose,
And nothin aint worth nothin but its free.
Feelin good was easy, lord,when bobby sang the blues,
And buddy, that was good enough for me,
Good enough for me and bobby mcgee.
From the coalmines of kentucky to the california sun,
Bobby shared the secrets of my soul,
Standin right beside me through everythin I done,
And every night she kept me from the cold.
Then somewhere near salinas, lord, I let her slip away,
She was lookin for the love I hope shell find.
Well Id trade all my tomorrows for a single yesterday,
Holdin bobbys body close to mine.
Freedoms just another word for nothin left to lose,
And nothin left was all she left to me.
Feelin good was easy, lord, when bobby sang the blues,
And buddy, that was good enough for me,
Good enough for me and bobby mcgee.
I like the above lyrics for the simple reason I have been able to correctly memorise them. And I have sung them during some of my long runs, as a test run for MM07 about the 32km mark or thereabouts. Dispensing with an ipod via this method may suit me.
Upon completion of MM07 I will be concentrating on improving my 10km time as a confidence booster to target an equivalent three hour marathon time for MM08. A target of 3:09:54 for MM07 seems at this point to be reasonable and achievable, especially since a half marathon pb of 84:21 occurred at the AV Burnley Half on 9 September 2007.
But not wanting to get ahead of myself the problem of pooh must first be addressed....
Me and Bobby McGee: Kris Kristofferson
Busted flat in baton rouge, headin for the trains,
Feelin nearly faded as my jeans.
Bobby thumbed a diesel down, just before it rained,
Took us all the way to new orleans.
Took my harpoon out of my dirty red bandanna
And was blowin sad while bobby sang the blues.
With them windshield wipers slappin time and
Bobby clappin hands we finally sang up every song
That driver knew.
Freedoms just another word for nothin left to lose,
And nothin aint worth nothin but its free.
Feelin good was easy, lord,when bobby sang the blues,
And buddy, that was good enough for me,
Good enough for me and bobby mcgee.
From the coalmines of kentucky to the california sun,
Bobby shared the secrets of my soul,
Standin right beside me through everythin I done,
And every night she kept me from the cold.
Then somewhere near salinas, lord, I let her slip away,
She was lookin for the love I hope shell find.
Well Id trade all my tomorrows for a single yesterday,
Holdin bobbys body close to mine.
Freedoms just another word for nothin left to lose,
And nothin left was all she left to me.
Feelin good was easy, lord, when bobby sang the blues,
And buddy, that was good enough for me,
Good enough for me and bobby mcgee.
I like the above lyrics for the simple reason I have been able to correctly memorise them. And I have sung them during some of my long runs, as a test run for MM07 about the 32km mark or thereabouts. Dispensing with an ipod via this method may suit me.
Upon completion of MM07 I will be concentrating on improving my 10km time as a confidence booster to target an equivalent three hour marathon time for MM08. A target of 3:09:54 for MM07 seems at this point to be reasonable and achievable, especially since a half marathon pb of 84:21 occurred at the AV Burnley Half on 9 September 2007.
But not wanting to get ahead of myself the problem of pooh must first be addressed....
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home