A Jack Reacher Novel
Excerpt from 'Persuader' by Lee Child:
'I looked to the south. Saw a tidy-looking guy, neat and trim, maybe six feet two and a something under two hundred pounds. He looked a little younger than forty. He had black hair with a little grey in it in front of his ears. He was wearing a blue suit with a white shirt and a dull red tie. He looked just like everybody else in D.C. He moved fast, but he made it look slow. He was neat in his momements. Clearly fit and athletic. Almost certainly a jogger.'
So here we have a guy with a weight of 90.8kg, height 1.88m. This translates into a BMI of 25.69. A healthy BMI weight range is 18-25. So 25.69 is on the borderline between healthy and overweight. But in fairness to Lee Child the weight of the guy is moderated to '...something under two hundred pounds'. If the guy weighed 190 pounds instead of 200 pounds then the BMI is 24.4, which sneaks into the healthy weight range. So I can't shoot holes in Child's reasoning there.
Also I presume D.C. is short for Washington DC.
'I looked to the south. Saw a tidy-looking guy, neat and trim, maybe six feet two and a something under two hundred pounds. He looked a little younger than forty. He had black hair with a little grey in it in front of his ears. He was wearing a blue suit with a white shirt and a dull red tie. He looked just like everybody else in D.C. He moved fast, but he made it look slow. He was neat in his momements. Clearly fit and athletic. Almost certainly a jogger.'
So here we have a guy with a weight of 90.8kg, height 1.88m. This translates into a BMI of 25.69. A healthy BMI weight range is 18-25. So 25.69 is on the borderline between healthy and overweight. But in fairness to Lee Child the weight of the guy is moderated to '...something under two hundred pounds'. If the guy weighed 190 pounds instead of 200 pounds then the BMI is 24.4, which sneaks into the healthy weight range. So I can't shoot holes in Child's reasoning there.
Also I presume D.C. is short for Washington DC.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home