Bogong to Hotham plus Sub3 plus pb
Reflecting upon a successful completion of a 64km Bogong to Hotham Trail race last February has conjured up pictures of another attempt in 2011, albeit at a more measured pace. For me, an unusual event in at least one respect: the longest period in my life where I didn't feel an urge to urinate, namely 14 hours during which time I walked/ran 64km drinking copious amounts of water/sports drink etc. I thought about whizzing in the shower about three hours after finishing. For me, an amazing feat requiring absolutely no effort or willpower. My prostate must have thankfully gone on holidays during this period?
Fast forward to 4 July 2010 and a 2:57:54 Gold Coast Marathon pb result. It only took six years since starting to run six years ago, six years to go sub 3, yay. Twelve weeks to another Melbourne Marathon and I'm still champing at the bit. Now if I can only tweek those last ten km. The acid test seems to be surviving training without injury.
So at Gold Coast, no tuneful Abba ditties or Cold Chisel stanzas, not a word from start to finish, no beach scenery appreciation. I remember thinking of getting to the finish line. I can't remember thinking about much else.
Fast forward to 4 July 2010 and a 2:57:54 Gold Coast Marathon pb result. It only took six years since starting to run six years ago, six years to go sub 3, yay. Twelve weeks to another Melbourne Marathon and I'm still champing at the bit. Now if I can only tweek those last ten km. The acid test seems to be surviving training without injury.
So at Gold Coast, no tuneful Abba ditties or Cold Chisel stanzas, not a word from start to finish, no beach scenery appreciation. I remember thinking of getting to the finish line. I can't remember thinking about much else.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home