Run of a Thousand Prickles
My first run this morning after five and a half weeks abstinence after a shoulder dislocation fracture one metre past the MM finish line. My first thought is a reasonable outcome. An optimal recovery can be anywhere from six weeks to six months. I'm pencilling in six months to twelve months, with the goal of not falling for at least twelve months to diminish the possibility of a recurrence. 'How to Fall' should be one of my subjects of research.
So this morning; a run of a thousand prickles. A light 6km run in which every major joint itched and prickled after five and a half weeks of non-running, with a fugly brain struggling to gear up to the pace. An eminently preferable response though compared to a run of a thousand cuts. I think I was entitled to pretend that the aching during the run in the affected shoulder and arm did not exist since downtime has been close to the recommended six weeks. I have pencilled in a repeat performance in about 48 hours.
So this morning; a run of a thousand prickles. A light 6km run in which every major joint itched and prickled after five and a half weeks of non-running, with a fugly brain struggling to gear up to the pace. An eminently preferable response though compared to a run of a thousand cuts. I think I was entitled to pretend that the aching during the run in the affected shoulder and arm did not exist since downtime has been close to the recommended six weeks. I have pencilled in a repeat performance in about 48 hours.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home