Only the running counts
I wish not to dwell on injuries so I will be as brief as possible. The shoulder dislocation is healing nicely and doesn't seem to be affecting running training, although I have yet to run longer than 14km to see if long endurance running will make an adverse difference. Really I should start to shake a leg if I want to be in optimal shape for MM11. Medial shnsplints affecting the right leg is more of an issue, probably caused by resuming running at too intense a level after 13 weeks non-running post shoulder dislocation. Running the 56km Two Bays in early January 2011 was probably the final trigger for MTSS. Now in early June 2011 I feel I have finally started to shake off the shinsplints bogey but only after realising that a period of complete rest from running(three weeks) was necessary to initiate the healing process. Fingers crossed over the next three weeks as I begin MM training. Time to think of running without injury.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home